Dear Client:  Today Beam Suntory announced a few changes to its executive leadership team, including a new president of North America. Current Beam Suntory president North America Greg Hughes and current president of brands Jessica Spence will "swap roles," effective January 1, per release. Jessica joined the company in 2019 as president of brands, and prior … Continue reading "Beam Announces Exec Changes, Including New North America President"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Pernod Ricard USA announced today that it's investing $22 million in its first ready-to-drink canning line which will be located at the company's Fort Smith plant in Arkansas. "This investment is an incredible step in strengthening our manufacturing footprint in Fort Smith," says Pernod Ricard North America svp Pierre Joncourt. "The high-speed canning line … Continue reading "Pernod Ricard USA to Invest $22M in New Canning Line to Support RTD Growth"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Today O'Neill Vintners & Distillers announced it has acquired FitVine Wine. No financial details were disclosed. "Our focus for the last seven years has been to build a portfolio of great brands appealing to the modern wine drinker," says founder and ceo Jeff O'Neill. "We see a tremendous opportunity to continue to strengthen and … Continue reading "O’Neill Vintners & Distillers Acquires FitVine"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Several California-based independent liquor store owners have filed a class action lawsuit against Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits over alleged price discrimination. INDIE LIQUOR STORES VS. NATIONAL CHAINS. The liquor stores involved in the class action lawsuit include: Newport Wine & Spirit, Sunset Market & Liquor, Mike's Liquor & Market, Santee Market & Liquor, … Continue reading "CA Indie Liquor Stores Accuse Southern Glazer’s of Price Discrimination"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Sales on the Drizly platform typically spike in November and December thanks to the major holidays, making it a "key time" for the company, according to Drizly coo Cathy Lewenberg. Ahead of the year-end holiday period, Drizly hosted a webinar outlining what they see as the top five trends for holiday sales this … Continue reading "Drizly Details Top Holiday Sales Trends"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Last year Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits filed a lawsuit challenging Minnesota's exclusivity statute, aka the Coleman Act. The case officially closed at the end of September after the state legislature amended the statute in the 2022 omnibus liquor bill. Here's what you should know about it.   COURT SIDES WITH SGWS… In its complaint, … Continue reading "Minnesota Legislature Upholds Open Wholesaling Requirement"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Diageo announced it has acquired Texas-based Balcones Distilling, a leading producer of American Single Malt Whiskey. No financial details were disclosed. "We are delighted to welcome Balcones Distilling into Diageo," says Diageo North America president Claudia Schubert. "The Balcones team are true innovators and pioneers in the emerging American Single Malt and Texas whiskey … Continue reading "Diageo Acquires Texas-Based Balcones Distilling"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  3-Tier Beverages hosted a webinar on Friday providing insight from a host of industry sources to get a pulse on bev alc performance both on- and off-premise through the third quarter of 2022, ended September.Veteran industry consultant Danny Brager kicked off the presentation with a big picture overview of bev alc so far … Continue reading "Trend Normalization on the Horizon, But Not Here Yet"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  Campari Group announced this morning that it has reached an agreement to acquire an initial 70% interest in Kentucky-based Wilderness Trail Distillery for $420 million, with plans to acquire the remaining 30% stake in 2031 subject to a call/put option, per release. The full acquisition cost will be about $600 million - 16x … Continue reading "Campari Acquires Majority Stake in Kentucky Distillery for $420M"

You are unauthorized to view this page.

Dear Client:  This morning Campari Group announced it has acquired a minority equity stake in brand incubator Catalyst Spirits for an undisclosed sum. Catalyst Spirits is led by ceo Simon Hunt, who, before establishing Catalyst in 2021, was ceo of William Grant & Sons. The portfolio includes Howler Head Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey with Natural Banana … Continue reading "Campari Acquires Minority Stake in Catalyst Spirits"

You are unauthorized to view this page.